Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Summer Lovin

John MacDonald, a prominent NY Producer has specifically requested a blog post this evening, so in his honor (and the fact I slept on his couch for a month last summer) I thought I'd share my summer plans.  This is an excellent opportunity for those of you requesting any social gatherings over the summer to submit your proposals and funding plans.

I'll begin in June by spending about 2 1/2 weeks in Prague as one of the Stage Managers for the US team's International Competitive Exhibit at the Prague Quadrennial of Performance, Design and Space (PQ).  A close friend and colleague of mine here at school, Devorah Jaffe, is heading up the SM team and has already spent many hours during the year coordinating interviews and spending time teching the exhibit.  Many CMU students and faculty/staff will be in Prague with us, so this is an amazing opportunity to see a new part of the world with some of my closest friends.

The day PQ closes, I'll get on a plane back to the US to begin rehearsal the next day for a new musical by Marshall Pailet in DC produced by The New Musical Development Foundation.  This production, with a secret title, will be done in rep with Fucking Up Everything and I have the honor of PSMing the rep.  I'm currently in the midst of the process of hiring a SM to help with Fucking Up Everything and the schedules are quickly coming together, which I guess makes a show with a secret title real.  Both of these productions have a month long run in July-August.

This will give me about a week to settle back in Pittsburgh before getting back in gear for The Good Person of Setzuan, for which I am already Production Managing and we begin budgeting this Friday.

Plans for the rest of this week include seeing Seussical the Musical produced by Pittsburgh Musical Theatre and The Gospel at Colonus at the August Wilson Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment